Complex algorithm development for this online menu planning tool that calculates and reports on the nutritional recommended daily intake of meals provided to children attending child care centres or the aged in care facilities.
- Separate calculations and individual meal nutritional values were required for each different age group as their daily requirements differ and we needed to consider the number of people being fed and how many meals a day they were receiving.
- Automatic calculations for meeting minimum daily requirements and if over or under, generate recommendations i.e. if the daily meal plan didn’t have enough protein, some suggestions would be made to help balance it out and if there was too much sugar in that days meal plan, recommendations would be made on substitutions.
- Weekly menu plan provided in calendar view
- Ability to print recipe cards for each meal
- A full shopping list of the weeks’ food requirements based on menu plan available to print